Wednesday 6 July 2011

i need a rest..

and a cup of tea! all up it has taken me about 8 hours of tenacity to set up my mobile phone to send photos to my computer with phone calls yesterday and today to my telephone service provider, my mobile phone service centre and to my computer service centre as well as a couple of visits to the mobile phone retail outlet..i cannot believe how difficult it's been..i wonder how many of you have had similar problems.

 i found this child's chair in an op shop for $10

this one cost $2 at an op shop and i painted it this happy colour.. 
anyway i am very happy that in future i can adorn my posts with photos..now i am going to make a big pot of tea and have a rest on something more comfortable than these chairs and read the magazine with my 'colour me happy' patchwork over me because it's really cold today..next on my blog to do list is to buy a camera..i am optimistic that becoming conversant with it's idiosyncrasies will present no such problems as those i've just experienced..jane

11 comments:

  1. Well done, Jane! I don't think I could manage the whole photo from phone thing, I barely manage calls and the odd text! I use a camera for photos and just put the SD card straight into the computer to transer them over.

    Love your little chairs - so cute! And $2 - what a bargain!! Keep warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks christine..when the experts can't help it's says a lot about the user unfriendliness of some technology :)..jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chair! The red looks so bright and cheerful on it! I also love your quilt! I'm sure it cheers you up when it's cold outside.

    Take care,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane, I just stumbled upon your blog and thought I'd say hello! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging :)

    I love buying things like that and doing them up - they have so much more character than regular bought furniture, especially when painted in such cheerful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Photos! You have total sympathy from me. The person whose new computer went back to the store, the person who spent days verging on weeks talking to the phone people, the internet people, (Did I mention I got a new camera which had to go back as well). But it's all worth it, because it means we get to see your lovely photos. I love the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cheryl, ladybird and joanna..thankyou for your comments..i have a thing about chairs so the probability of future chair postings are high..joanna..your techno problems sound a nightmare..maybe my camera optimism is misguided.. :) jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics! I still have a phone from the dark ages - I don't think I can take pics, let alone send them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I found your blog, it made me giggle as my mum's favourite saying is 'why don't we have a nice cup of tea then?' whenever I pop over.

    It's that firm belief that there isn't anything a nice cup to tea can't can't fix. And I like the chair! Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice to hear from you figandlimecordial..i am no technical wizard but i do want to be remotely conversant with the digital era hence my perseverance..

    i agree with your mum clevermuffin..tea is the universal panacea..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! It must be such a relief to have that sorted out. I must admit that I've been opshopping too this weekend. Have picked up some purchases that will go towards some blog posts hopefully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. don't keep us waiting too long nqn.. :) jane

    ReplyDelete